This picture above says a lot. There is much for me to learn.
“9 things I know today that I didn’t know yesterday”
1) At any given time, about one-half of the planets are covered by clouds.
2) Cairo, Egypt, is by far the largest city in the Middle East, with over 10 million people.
3) In 1858, John Hanning Speke, while traveling on his own, discovered La Victoria and claimed it to be the source of the Nile River. Many did not believe him. Speke returned to the lake in 1860 and proved Lake Victoria was indeed the source of the Nile River.
4) Arkansas is the only state with a diamond mine. Located in the southwestern Arkansas, the mine is no longer in commercial production but is now a park, Crater of Diamonds State Park, which allows visitors to take any diamonds they find. www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com
5) The world’s first monument to an insect was dedicated and established in Enterprise, Alabama, on December 11, 1919 of a boll weevil.
7) We have leap years to keep the calendar accurate with respect to the solar years. It takes the Earth 365 days, 5 hours, and 48 minutes, and 46 seconds—just under 365.25 days—to revolve around the sun. If there were no leap years, every 56 years the calendar would be two weeks behind. By adding one extra day every four years, the calendar stays accurate. (All this time, I thought it was about, the woman asking the man to marry her. duh)
8) Dum Dum International Airport is in Calcutta, India.
9) Gambia follows 200 miles of the Gambia River; it is a very thin county, averaging only 12 miles in width. Gambia is entirely within the West African country of Senegal.
10) Kunta Kinte was from Gambia. Kunta Kinte, the protagonist of Alex Haley’s novel Roots.
Gail Wilson a “blog newbie” @blog.ServiceConnection.biz
www.ServiceConnection.biz Gail has over 30 years of business development, advertising sales, magazine publishing, and customer service. My trusted attributes are: detail oriented, outstanding attentiveness, diplomatic, trustworthy, dedicated relaxed attitude. I am resourceful.
I want to contribute to the world and leave a lasting impression.
Thinker. Problem solver. Communicator. Hardcore reader. Creator. Explorer. Successfully Mentoring Online Marketers