Tristan Johnson 916-519-7350
- Tristan Johnson has been performing his extremely silly clever comedy about his life growing up in Oakland California.
- Topics resulting from his career as a long haul truck driver and the trials and tribulations of being a middle aged man.
- The last three years he’s been part of a Church Comedy Tour performing at a hundred different churches up and down the west coast.
- Tristan Johnson is a Northern California Comedy Club favorite.
- Comedian Tristan Johnson one of the realist guys in the Comedy Game today.
- He’s creative.
- He’s intuitive.
That’s what sets him apart.
Texan native and member of the We Got Next Comedy Tour Tristan “Trissie” Johnson graces the Yuba-Sutter Outlook community with an exclusive interview on choosing muscles over obesity, having the love of God impact your life and his HOT NEW clothing line for the ladies… That’s Right I’m Sexy!!!!
Call/Text (510) 776-0487 Reserved Seating/Tables/Bottle Service/Group Specials
Laughter Therapy: What Happens When We Laugh?
By: Comedian Tristan Johnson
We change physiologically when we laugh. We stretch muscles throughout our face and body, our pulse and blood pressure go up, and we breathe faster, sending more oxygen to our tissues.
People who believe in the benefits of laughter say it can be like a mild workout — and may offer some of the same advantages as a workout.
“The effects of laughter and exercise are very similar,” says Wilson. “Combining laughter and movement, like waving your arms, is a great way to boost your heart rate.”
One pioneer in laughter research, William Fry, claimed it took ten minutes on a rowing machine for his heart rate to reach the level it would after just one minute of hearty laughter.
And laughter appears to burn calories, too. Maciej Buchowski, a researcher from Vanderbilt University, conducted a small study in which he measured the amount of calories expended in laughing. It turned out that 10-15 minutes of laughter burned 50 calories.
While the results are intriguing, don’t be too hasty in ditching that treadmill. One piece of chocolate has about 50 calories; at the rate of 50 calories per hour, losing one pound would require about 12 hours of concentrated laughter!
“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”
“Life is worth living as long as there’s a laugh in it.”